Building a Stronger Colorado: How We Will Fullfill Our Commitment
As a major economic engine in Colorado, the CSU System is focused on growing the state's economy. We plan to achieve this through our strategic plan - Our Commitment to Building a Stronger Colorado.
The plan has four initiatives that build on efforts already underway at the campuses (Fort Collins, Pueblo, and Global). It is designed to harness our strengths across campuses with an eye toward benefiting Colorado. Furthermore, it commits to a collaborative effort to find a sustainable funding source for Colorado's public higher education system.
Ensure Student Satisfaction and Success
- We will continue to protect access and affordability.
- We will ensure students receive the support they need to succeed, graduate and obtain the benefits of their post-graduate careers.
- We will increase retention and graduation rates, reduce student-related debt, and improve critical thinking skills and disciplinary knowledge.
- We will foster engagement in the broader life of the university.
Expand Statewide Presence
- We will expand our statewide presence by increasing the number and impact of education by increasing mutually beneficial partnerships with communities in Colorado.
- Our outreach efforts include initiatives aimed at increasing the percentage of students enrolling in higher education and increasing the proportion of students who choose to enroll in one or more of the CSU System campuses. Through our CSU Extension offices in 60 of the 64 counties, and CSU Global's student and alumni engagement in 63 of the 64, we are in a unique position to serve Coloradans statewide.
Create Financial Sustainability
- We will reinforce our contributions to Colorado in teaching, research and service, and the positive economic impact of the state's investment in public higher education.
- We will examine new and existing financial models with a goal of expanding our revenue sources while continuing to seek operational efficiencies.
- We will collaborate to obtain a sustainable source of funding for higher education in Colorado.
Transform Colorado’s Future
- We will provide an educated workforce to keep Colorado competitive in the global marketplace through teaching, research and outreach.
- We will create new companies to help Colorado generate jobs.
- We will increase applied research activities to enhance the quality of life for Coloradans. We will increase the number of our discoveries entering the marketplace.
- We will increase the pipeline of students from K-12 who pursue science, technology, engineering or math at a CSU campus, with a special emphasis on first-generation college students.